One of my most favorite things of all is a Girls Weekend away. Last weekend, 8 of my friends gathered from all over the country to spend our 21st weekend together in 21 years. Though we’d like to say we started these weekends when we were twelve, the reality is they began back in our college days at Indiana University. It has become, what Lisa-Jo, Emily, and Nester call a “social bench” in my life. I have the sweetest memories with these girls.
Last year, we adopted one of Nester’s other ideas (which is starting to make this post sound stalkerish) called “Favorite Things.” This has quickly become our favorite thing of the weekend. The idea is that you gather with a group of friends and you bring the same gift for each friend. It has to be something you found over the past year that you love and you want to share. I thought you might want to see and hear about some our favorite things:
- Target Dollar Spot goodies with recipe cards, glows sticks and the cutest egg turner you have ever seen. Joy in a $1 oven mitt does not have to be expensive.
- True Blue Hand Cream from Bath and Body Works that is divine. I was so glad it was only 2.5 ounces because I was worried I could not take in my carry-on bag. People, it has paraffin in it and will make your hands happy.
- A reusable Starbucks Coffee cup that gets me 10 cents off when I remember to bring it with me for coffee dates. Oh yeah, a gift that keeps on giving!
- An Electronic screen cleaner is much needed because mine are all gooey from kids borrowing all my i – devices. My friend Judy knows this and bought them for all of us moms.
- This lip balm called Zumbo-Kiss, buy it in bulk, thank me later.
- Shut the door, homemade granola I may or may not give you the recipe for later. It did not even make on the plane. I devoured it.
- This book, “A Gospel Primer” (*affiliate link) is going to be worn out this summer by me.
- Homemade treats (these Lemon-Melt Aways are AMAZing) and lots of ideas on how to live healthier with Container Store goodness. Now in O-town! Yippee!
- My gift to the girls was my fave “Together” necklace from Dayspring *(affiliate link). I think they loved it. (special thanks to Saul at Dayspring for making it possible!)
What have you found recently to be a Favorite Thing? I’d love to hear in the comments!
Have a great weekend!
P.S. Also a favorite, dessert in a shot glass. Who thought of this? Mmm…