Winter Home :: {Inspirations}

Do you decorate your home for winter? During Christmas I truly enjoyed the touches of silver in my home.  I have decided to keep it around for the month of January.  I’m also using white and adding touches of green.  Here are some inspirations I found online to help me pull it all together:

Images clockwise from l to r:

{The Inspired Room , The Old Painted Cottage, and Ballard Designs.}

The Old Painted Cottage traditional living room
{I  love this collection of vintage cameras and books. It feels like winter for some reason.}

Coffee Filter Wreath by The Nester

{Maybe I’ll get my craft on and make one of these like The Nester.}

Next Thursday, I’ll share some of my own pictures. And, I’ll try not to brag that it is 70 degrees and sunny outside.  Yeah, that’s how we do January around here!
Looking Forward,
Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Comments

1. SomeGirl says:

Coffee filters??? That’s BEAUTIFUL!

2. Krystal says:

Love the coffee filter wreath! I saw something similar on another blog but as a lantern. Maybe we can try it together!

3. Donnetta says:

70 degrees and sunny?! Then I guess my way of decorating for winter may not work so well for you. :-)

When decorating for Christmas my snowmen also come out. After Christmas, my nativities and Christmas specific things get packed away, but my snowmen stay out for a couple of more months. But then, we will most likely continue to have snow for a couple more months. That’s the way we do winter around here. *grin*

• stacey says:

Snowmen are a perfect choice for January! I have used them in years past. This year I decided to try something a little different. My mom has the cutest winter porch with an old sled and a pair of ice skates. I love that idea too!

4. Thanks girl! I love winter decorating, great post and I too love those cameras!! Such a pretty vignette!
    melissa @ the inspired room recently posted..Goals for Your Home

• stacey says:

Thanks Melissa! I absolutely loved the post of yours that I linked to on Transitioning Your Home For The Seasons. Thanks for the inspiration!

5. Erin says:

Great idea..decorating for winter. I’ve never done that. I normally go from Christmas to Valentines Day. I love those pictures you shared! It amazes me how seriously creative some people are.
    Look forward to your pictures.

And we have single digit temps and a TON of snow. :)

• Stacey says:

One of the things that inspires me is my kids! When all the Christmas decorations came down, they said,”Mom the house looks sad!” So adding a little sparkle in January will help us transition to the more fun and upbeat Valentine decor.

Thanks for stopping by today Erin! I encourage you to check out these other blogs filled with great inspiration!
      Stacey recently posted..Winter Home – Inspirations

Trackbacks

1. [...] Winter Home:: Inspiration {Part 1} [...]

2. [...] by using vintage cameras and books as decor in my winter home. Last week, I shared some ideas that found online.  Today I’m sharing my own work in [...]