A few weeks ago, I had the chance to hear from Priscilla Shirer at the Going Beyond Simulcast, which was recorded live at my church. Here are a few things from this amazing event, that she said…
- I am not going to be the woman I want to become if I don’t make some strategic decisions.
- It is unique and rare to find a woman who is satisfied with where she is.
- The very thing you are trying to send away is what He is using to teach you contentment. (Luke 9)
- Are you speaking words of discouragement that give the enemy fuel against you? Be determined to speak God’s Word over your life.
- The best place to meet God is in His Word. We know He dwells there.
- Worship rolls out the red carpet for the presence of God.
- The pinnacle of your time with God should be 1-1 with Him.
- God will use 15 minutes. God will use one verse. Be consistently in the Word.
- Even in freedom if there are no boundaries you will be enslaved.
- When you are working and doing but you keep coming up empty—you have stepped into a margin in your life that is not yours.
Girls, I scribbled note after note and I left completely filled up. The worship alone, led by her amazing brother Anthony Evans, Jr. was a gift for my weary heart. My favorite part was a time of early morning prayer, led by Priscilla. It was an honor to pray with and for women at the event. I was humbled deeply by this time.
Because I also served on the leadership team to help with the event, I had a chance to meet Priscilla and have the above picture taken. I know it is grainy. I know it is dark. I know she is bending down a bit because I am much shorter than she is. But, I love this picture.
And that first quote, the one about making strategic decisions to become the woman I want to be? Wow, it has me thinking. That woman will not just happen. I have to be purposeful. I have to be in the Word. I have to pray. I have to let God invade more of my life. I need to surround myself with women who are making the same commitment. And, it needs to happen now.
Question: What about you? What quote above speaks to you and your heart? Which one makes you close your eyes and say, “Yes, that one?”
P.S. It is not too late to join me for reading the Bible in 90 Days. We start on Memorial Day and end on Labor Day. That is 99 days to finish 88 days of reading. Each day is about 12 pages of reading. Plus, you will get a chance to hang out with 200+ other women doing the same thing over in our Facebook Group. They will cheer you on. He will meet us everyday in His Word. Let’s have one Amazing Summer together!