Last week it rained. Like a lot. We were stuck indoors for days and my kids were crazy. I found myself dreadfully unmotivated and wondering how in the world I was ever going to get moving. And then I read this verse….
Splendor and majesty are before him, strength and joy are his dwelling place. 1 Chronicles 16:27
I wonder how long it will take until this truth truly sinks down deep in my heart? Here I am counting gifts, purposefully looking for reasons for joy and really the only one I need is here. The joy dwelling place is found in the Lord. Do I want joy to overflow? Do I need strength for unmotivated days? Yes. And Yes. Do you?
It isn’t really all that difficult. Let’s go to the joy dwelling place and take a good long look at His splendor and majesty. I’m guessing that when we do, even rainy days and Mondays won’t get us down. We’ll count them too. And the joy will spread.
The Joy Dare – Counting 1,000 Gifts in 2012
544. Flip flop feet on bicycles pedals.
545. Radio flyer.
546. Anne of Green Gables movie marathon.
548. No cavities. Bless the Lord!
549. New friends.
550. A break in the rain.
551. Getting it all done.
553. Travel treats.
554. Jokes only we get.
555. Giddy girls over a hotel suite.
556. A sweet word from a stranger about our family.
559. My dad is slowly feeling better.
560. Welcome hugs.
561. A kindred and a calling.
562. For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9a
563. The gracious hand of God upon us.
564. Sugar Free French Vanilla Latte and Free Wifi.