Sometimes you chase joy, and sometimes it chases you. The key is sitting still long enough to be caught. If you are like me, you might have to drive 1,000 miles and park yourself on a porch in the middle of a cornfield with zero smart phone coverage for it to be a fair catch. If you throw in some ice cream, a few hummingbirds, and a summer sweaty kid or two, your heart just might sing. Mine did.
The Joy Dare
565. Lightning bugs caught.
567. Porch sitting.
569. 2 Cor. 2:14 – we are being led in victory.
570. Borrowing swimming pools in 105 degree heat.
571. Cupcake class
573. Birds singing in the morning.
574. Catching up.
575. Living slow.
576. Picking green beans
577. Popsicles dripping all over hot sweaty cheeks.
578. Kick ball.
579. Panera with Pangie.
580. Visiting with grandpa
581. Nobel Romans Pizza
582. My kids in a giant toilet
584. Climbing high.
585. Remembering when
586. Celebrating 50 years of marriage.
588. Purple rain boots and sundresses
589. Coloring with grandma at the dining room table.
590. More ice cream than should be allowed.
591. Sweet girls who don’t want to leave.
592. Driving. Talking. Laughing.
593. Coming home.
594. Getting unpacked.
595. Being home and having nowhere to go.
596. Pointe Shoes
597. Learning new songs.
598. Big girl bed time.
599. God is for you.
600. The flawless Word of God, Proverbs 30:5
601. My Secret Keeper Girl in training.
603. Sunday Mornings
604. Safety in a crazy rain storm.
605. Bible in 90 days with friends.
607. Strawberry Banana smoothies.
608. Hope is not about me having enough, it is about the fact that He is enough.