Image by Tim Smith, Honor Photography
(My birthday girl last month at a night of Praise and Worship at our church)
Today I spent most of the day in tears. They were tears of joy. I think it all started because my oldest turned 13 today. I can’t even believe it is true. I know we all say it, but really it was yesterday when she was small and my only little buddy all day long. Suddenly she is a grown up girl and I’m so blessed by who she is becoming. Crazy blessed I tell you.
If that wasn’t enough I heard about 100 stories today at church of lives redeemed. Each one declared, “Jesus is my Lord and I am not ashamed.” But before being baptized, they pointed to those standing with them and said, “This person held my rope. He is my rope. She showed me the way to Jesus, sometimes pulling and tugging, they are the reason I am here.” I thought about the people who held my rope. I cried. None of us got where we are on our own. I was undone I tell you. Tears just would not stop flowing.
By the end of the day I was whipped. But God was not finished. My birthday girl was asked to pray at the end of a Christmas rehearsal at church in front of about 100 people. As her words of prayer and praise poured out so eloquently, I was trying hard to freeze the moment and remember each one, and I couldn’t do it. But my heart was overwhelmed once again. My friend leaned over and said, “That is one special girl.” And I said, “Yes, I know.”
Blessed. Joyful. Undone. A heap of tears today.
The Joy Dare is finding 1,000 gifts in 2012.
826. He is before all things.
827. In Him all things hold together. . . even me.
829. We are strangers no more.
830. Surviving 1 week home alone.
831. Knowing my husband got the chance to photograph Paris, again.
832. Women coming together, doing what it takes to build community.
833. Hanging out with my girl while we shop for her sister.
834. Seeing a heart of compassion growing in the sweetest girl.
835. Hanging out with two fabulous women who I have crazy respect for. Love. Love. Love them.
836. Fall beauties on my table from her.
837. 150 people being baptized in one Sunday at my church. I could not stop crying tears of joy.
838. My husband meeting two Albanian missionaries on a beach across the sea who came to Christ around the time were in Albania about 20 years ago. Unbelievable story!
839. God’s sweet favor on “Hope” as we move toward launch day!
840. My sweet, sweet, girl is now 13.
841. Proudest mama moment ever hearing her pray aloud in front of 50 kids and their parents straight from her heart for Jesus.
842. Two friends telling me almost the same exact thing in two days. A message from the Lord for sure.
843. Getting to hang out with my friend Krystal who gives my girls the gift of music.
844. Clean floors.
845. Stunning fall moon.
846. A quiet house.