“As I am purposefully grateful for daily gifts all around me, joy fills my heart and I find Jesus right there at the kitchen table, while taking a walk with my girls, or tucking them into bed. When I find Him, my heart can’t help but worship.”
From the new Hope for the Weary Mom available October 23, 2012.
This is my goal: To be purposefully grateful for every gift in my life. Some weeks I do a better job of it than others. Every week, I come here to write them. Because even when the gifts are a little harder to find, it is important to keep counting. Remembering is good for the soul. Especially when the soul is attached to a weary mom.
The Joy Dare: 1,000 Gifts in 2012
848. Hugs from 2 year olds.
849. Beautiful (in)couragers doing their thing.
850. Folding clothes.
851. Fake fall pumpkins.
852. Rainy days.
853. Cookies from the oven.
854. Painting day.
855. Friends who pray.
856. “the communion of the saints is a spiritual thing. . .” Matthew Henry
857. In Christ, are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge – for us to find. (Col. 2:3)
858. Homeschooling mamas.
859. Friendship bracelets.
860. My entrepreneur girl.
861. How that same girl gave her earnings to her sister.
862. How God blessed her right back.
864. My mom coming to stay with us.
865. The kind of fruit only God can grow.
866. An amazing connection 1/2 across the world.
867. Grocery shopping on Saturday morning alone.
I wonder, what simple gift are you thankful for today? Care to share it in the comments so I can rejoice with you?