Remember this last year from (in)courage?
(in)RL 2012 lovlies at my meet-up
(in)RL was born out of two years spent listening to women in the comments at (in)courage craving local, real life community. Derived from the social media acronym “IRL” or “in real life,” (in)RL is an invitation to share what we’ve learned about community and encourage women with stories and suggestions for connecting deeper in real life.
Last year we saw the vision of a conference that comes to you become reality. We gathered on Friday in our homes to watch the live feed @incourage and connect through Facebook and Twitter as we watched. On Saturday, women all over the world hosted small groups in their homes and churches to connect on a local level, like my group above. (in)courage provided the content for viewing. We ate amazing food, watched great speakers and we talked around our tables about the content. I wrote about it here. It was a fabulous weekend!
Well, (in)RL is back for 2013 and registration opens today for the event! Here are a few things you need to know:
- This year it is FREE! Yes, all you need to do is register right here.
- Everyone who registers on the day registration opens (Monday Jan 14) gets a copy of our (in)courage 365 Daybrightener while supplies last (US residents only)
- Everyone gets a copy of our first eBook: Best of the Beach House 2012.
- Think of it as a FREE girl’s weekend away that doesn’t require packing or plane tickets, where women can kick off any expectation of perfect, set aside their fears, their shyness, their worry that they’re not good enough, and find some of Jesus’ words of rest woven into every video shared here.
- When: The (in)RL webcast kicks off on Friday, April 26 and (in)RL meetups follow on Saturday, April 27.
- What: Last year we explored the nitty gritty of community. This year we’re taking a closer look at what it takes to stay rooted in community when sometimes just walking away would be so much easier and tons more convenient. Women share stories of how they’ve chosen to stay through hard marriages, challenging parenting, worthwhile friendships. How choosing to stay has freed them more fully and unexpectedly than if they’d cut and run.
Still need a little motivation? How about watching this amazing video:
I’l be there, will you?