That last days of summer are racing past and I have more to do on my list than hours in the day. My girls are finally home from camp and we have like two minutes of just us time today.
Maybe you can relate?
My encouragement to you today, is to take a moment and breathe in the final fleeting moments of summer. I’m learning slowly, the dishes will still be there tomorrow, but 13, 10, 7, and 3 will not. So…
- Eat popsicles on the porch. Let them drip down.
- Take them to the swimming pool one more time.
- Let them stay up late tonight and watch a movie. Sit with them.
- Take a walk as the sun is setting.
- Eat s’mores.
- Find a county fair and ride a ferris wheel.
- Take sandwiches to the park and let them swing high into the sky.
- Paint her toe nails lime green.
- Play kickball.
- Blow bubbles.
- Whisper in their ears that you’d choose them every time
- Tell them, Jesus is always with them.
And when the tears start to run down your face, because you realize they are growing up way to0 fast, you can tell them it is a mommy thing.
And feel free to blame me.
P.S. I made a “pin”able image for you!