5 Things I Learned in November

5thingsnov

Because I love this link up dearly and we did not have one in October, I’m popping in on Black Friday to tell you 5 things I learned in November. When you are finished reading please go back to eating and shopping and watching movies with your family. I highly recommend Frozen by Disney. So good!

1.  I love podcasts. I listen to them when I am doing dishes and folding laundry and since I have plenty of both, podcasts are my new BFF’s.  Some of my favorites are:

God Centered Mom

Inspired to Action

Katie Orr

The Big Boo Cast

Side Note: I am only good for about a 30 minute podcast. Apparently that is how long it takes me on average to unload and load the dishwasher. So I am not sure what happens on these podcasts after 30 minutes. But the first 30 are golden.

2.  How to rock an auto-responder on Mail Chimp. This is an epic accomplishment for me and I think I will use auto-responders for the rest of my blogging life. My husband is the tech guy at our house, and I was able to achieve this new skill without his help. He was so proud!

3.  There is absolutely no shame in eating the pie straight from the pie plate if you are the only one who eats it. And, it is not wrong to go ahead and add the Cool Whip right then and there. A girl has to do, what a girl has to do.

4.  I stink at waiting. I think God knows this and is molding my character 24 hours a day while I wait on His timing. In other news, my ebook Being OK with Where You Are (affiliate link) is on sale this weekend for only $2.99. Perhaps I need to re-read a few sections.

5.  My 40′s will be a cry-fest and that is perfectly fine. After being called a robot by many of my people (Friends reference) for years, I have cried more in the past few weeks than I think I ever have. My sweet friend Kristen even wrote a beautiful post about it involving cupcakes and diet coke. All of which are perfect when you are a sobbing mess. Especially, Kristen.

So, what did you learn in November?

xo,

Stacey

{check out more over here.}

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
16 Comments

Comments

1. Stacey,
    you made me laugh as I imagined you eating the pie out of the pie plate… Thank you :) Blessings as you wait…that is a hard one…
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..What I learned in November…start small

2. emily thomas says:

I have been searching for great podcasts! Thank you for the recommendations!
    Loving the pie permission. I do it anyway, but it’s nice to also be able to feel good about it now. :)
    emily thomas recently posted..Learned in November

3. Amanda B says:

Yes to podcasts while working in the kitchen! :) And yes to the hard waiting stuff too. I’m right there with you. :) Popping over from the link-up, though I’ve stopped by before. ~ Amanda
    Amanda B recently posted..7 Things I Learned in November

4. So yeah…number 1. A friend on voxer told me about the howtheyblog podcasts and somehow dishes are getting done so much faster and more quickly in this house. I have no idea why.

Aprille @beautifulinhistime.com recently posted..November Link Love

5. Chasity says:

I also discovered that I love podcasts! I feel like I’m behind the rest of the world a little in discovering their awesomeness, though. I seriously just learned a few weeks ago how to even listen to one :) Actually, i just listened to your interview with Kat on How They Blog a couple days ago, and loved it!

• stacey says:

Ahh, thanks! Love Kat – she is awesome! On the “Inspired to Action” podcast she interviewed Andy Andrews (“The Noticer”) and it was amazing! I completely forgot I was On a Podcast! Click here to listen.

6. Kelly Grace says:

Thanks for the podcast tips. Do you listen through iTunes? I’m going to check out your list and hope that I can figure out how to access the wonderful world of podcasts. Your site is lovely. I’m in the process of setting up a new site on WordPress.org. I don’t want to lose all my WP.com friends, but I want the flexibility and “ownership” of .org.
    Kelly Grace recently posted..Let’s Share What We Learned in November

• stacey says:

Kelly great question! I have an app on my Android phone called iPP Podcast and I find my favorite podcasts and subscribe. Then, when a new one is added it is right there on my phone. Iphone has a similar app but I’m not sure what it is called. You can also listen through itunes or the website of the podcaster — right on the blog.

Blessings on your transfer of your website! It is a ton of work – but it will all work itself out and you will be so happy you walked through it!

7. Whether sobbing or laughing, with cupcakes or without, I just adore you Stacey. Thank you for being in my life. xoxo
    Kristen@Chasing Blue Skies recently posted..When You Can’t Be with Whom You Want for the Holidays

8. Lisa says:

What a lovely site you have here! I’m your neighbor at Chatting At the Sky. I love finding people via these link ups. I can’t wait to check out these podcasts. I am always looking for things to listen to while I exercise…which takes a bit longer than your dishwasher chore.
    Lisa recently posted..Things I Learned in November

9. Scooper says:

Hello you! Happy Thanksgiving. I’m with you on the pie. Also, what is an auto responder? Apparently I do not speak technology. : )
    Scooper recently posted..5 Things I Learned in November

• stacey says:

An “auto-responder” simply sends out an email automatically when someone signs up for something! You can do all sorts of things with them! I Googled it! So glad you came by friend!