We have this tradition of brown paper covering tables on Thanksgiving and scribbling down gifts. It may not be fancy but it is rich. We have no fine china in our house, or matching dishes from Great Grandma. But, the blessings flow, and we say grace for it all.
The Joy Dare is looking for 1,000 gifts in 2012.
993. The slower days.
994. First sleepovers.
995. Filling a shoebox for Shelcie in Haiti.
996. Finding a card full of verses written by my 13 year olds hand.
997. Toddler hands on my cheeks.
998. Our first Thanksgiving 10 years ago here we sat 3, now we have 6. Blessed.
999. Gratitude gifts all scribbled out in crayon on brown paper.
1000. The abundance on the table and around it – He is faithful.
I’ve been thinking today, about being thankful—to be the thanks—not just giving thanks. What does a life of being the thanksgiving look like?
through it all.
Letting thanksgiving not just be on my lips or on the page, but living it out.
I think it looks a lot like Jesus.
It didn’t even take me one whole year to find 1,000 gifts that bring joy.
I think it will take me a life time to look a lot like Jesus.
I’m so glad He is not finished with me yet.
The happiest of Thanksgiving to you and yours today.